NORTH HERTS AREA SERVICE USERS FORUM
Tues, 16 July 2019, 12.30 – 2.00 pm
Christchurch, (Room 3) Bedford Road, Hitchin, SG5 1HF
1. Apologies & Register of Attendees
2. Notes of Last Meeting & Matters arising
3. Subjects for Any Other Business
4. Today’s Topic: Means available to access help for your mental health wellbeing and your experience of using these services including Helplines.
5. New ways of working with you - gathering information and hearing the Service User Voice.
6. “You Said, We did” - Update on suggestions, topics and subjects for Viewpoint Seminars.
7. Updates from the New Viewpoint User Voice Council (VUVC).
8. Upcoming Courses and Events
9. Volunteering Opportunities at Viewpoint: Please contact for further details.
10. Viewpoint Ballyhoo Newsletter: Grab a copy or read online. To contribute articles for the next edition please contact Tracy at Viewpoint on 01707 386136 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. LIFEGETA – Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month – 7.00–9.00pm – Westmill Community Centre, John Barker Place, Hitchin, SG5 2PG Contact: 07715 707488 or Sue Ross – email: email@example.com
12. New Leaf College: The Hertfordshire Wellbeing College offering free courses designed and delivered by people with lived experience. For more enquiries and to book a course, go to www.newleafcollege.co.uk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01442 864966.
13. Turning Point – a local service near you. Giving support to Mental Health Service users locally and countywide. Contact: 01438 724995. Email: email@example.com
14. Stevenage Wellbeing Centre – A Mind in Mid Herts Centre providing support for mental health service users – 01438 369216 – firstname.lastname@example.org
15. The Living Room – Providing addiction services in this area. 8 -10 The Glebe, Chells Way,Stevenage, SG2 0DJ. Tel: 01438 355649, Email: email@example.com. www.livingroomherts.org.
16. New Drop-in Surgery launched at the North Herts Minority Ethnic Forum on Whinbush Road, Hitchin with The Living Room(www.thelivingroom.org) 01438 355649, for people with addiction problems. For further details please contact: 01462 440224 or www.nhmef.org.uk
17. Hertfordshire Nightlight Crisis Service - Herts Mind Network. For further information and enquiries, contact 01923 256391
18. RESOLVE: (Drug & Alcohol Charity). Offers outreach work, drop-in, one-to-one counselling with Key Worker support. Located at Westmill Community Centre, Opening Hours: 10am – 4pm. Contact: 01707 690739 or visit www.resolve-online.org.uk
19. CGL – for support with Drug & alcohol issues contact: Armstrong House, Norton Way, Stevenage, 01438 364495 stevenagecgl.org.uk
20. Information Sharing
21. Any Other Business
22. Date of Next Meeting: 17 September 2019
If you have had a recent care plan and would like to give us feedback about the process, please click on the link below:
It should only take a few minutes of your time.
Thanks for your support.
Spring is in the air…
…although being Britain this may not last for long!
Traditionally spring is the time for new beginnings and clean starts and at Viewpoint we will be making what we hope will be some positive and exciting new changes to the way we work.
As Viewpoint Chief Executive, Leslie Billy, explains:
“Viewpoint has been reviewing its services in a variety of ways, as we want to work even more closely with our members, both to better understand people’s views and concerns and to benefit from the great variety of skills and talents our members can offer.
One of the ways we hope to achieve this is with the development of a User Council for those with lived experience to help guide and shape how we do things going forward.
We also very much enjoyed the Dragons Den event we held on the 18th of January - people told us what services they would like Viewpoint to provide and where there were gaps in services for people with mental health and addiction challenges. There were some great ideas pitched and we would like to take them all forward in some way. We’ll be sure to update you as things develop…
Monday March 25th, April 1st, 8th, & 15th, 2019
10.30 am – 2.30 pm
Do you or have you had experience of addiction issues?
Have you heard of Peer Mentoring?
Want to know more about it?
Mentoring can be defined as a 'one-to-one, non-judgemental relationship in which an individual, the mentor, gives time to support and encourage another.' It recognises people's need for having somebody there for them as they develop skills and gain the confidence to become independent and lead fulfilled lives.
Our free 4-session course is aimed at giving people the confidence and knowledge to take the first step in peer mentoring or volunteering.
Held at: Yeomans Court, 1 Ware Rd, Hertford SG13 7HJ
If you would like to attend, please call Viewpoint on 01707 386136 or email: Leslie Billy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasonable travel expenses, refreshments, are provided
Viewpoint is a small charity based in Welwyn Garden City. We provide advice and support to promote mental wellbeing to anyone experiencing a mental health and/or addiction challenge.
We will work together with people with mental health and/or addiction challenges to influence change
We provide advice and support to promote mental wellbeing to anyone experiencing a mental health and/or addiction challenge. We involve people and provide information and a voice to improve services
We are seeking people with the skills to support the governance of the charity and ensure that it remains guided by its constitution and service level agreements.
We need Trustees with the following skills:
Managing finances / accounting
Business and strategic planning
Marketing and communications
Project and risk management
If you feel you have the skills and time to help a charity during this difficult financial climate please call Leslie Billy to discuss on 01707 386136 or e-mail email@example.com . The Board meets every 3 months on a Weds eve 5.30-7.30pm
Dear Colleagues and Stakeholders
We would like to ask you to kindly fill in this short questionnaire on our services.
Viewpoint values your opinions and ideas.
What we really want to know is:
- What do you know about us?
- What do you think about us?
- How we can improve Viewpoint for your client’s benefit?
Please click on to https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VPstake2017 to just answer a few quick questions.
Thank you sincerely, to all those who complete our survey.
Viewpoint would like to hear your views on our charity.
What we want to know is:
- What do you know about us?
- What do you think about us?
- How can we improve Viewpoint for your benefit?
Please click on this short survey to help us evaluate our service:
Closing date is 2nd Jan 2018.
Please contact us if you require a hard copy of the questionnaire sent to you.
Each annual survey completed will be entered in a raffle for Tesco vouchers. 1st prize = £50, 2nd prize = £25 and 3rd prize = £15
We will provide feedback by the end of Feb 2018.
Thank you very much for your help and involvement.
Welwyn Garden City
General enquiries tel: 01707 386136
Survey of the Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Services and Treatments Available to Adults Living in Hertfordshire 2016
This report is a continuation of the mental health ‘Survey of Care and Treatment’, initially started in Hertfordshire by Glyn Trollope alongside a partnership of organisations. It sets out the views of service users and carers, in reference to the services they access to support their wellbeing. The survey is carried out highlight areas of good practice, in addition to pinpointing areas for improvement. We would like to thank our partner organisations for their support and of course the service users and carers who took the time to share their experiences.
Viewpoint had a stand at this year's Herts Pride festival.
As well as giving our information about Viewpoint, we gave out information on keeping well, a mindfulness CD, LGBT* and mental Health and Drug and Alcohol services in Hertfordshire.
The day was really positive. We were welcomed with smiles, rainbow face paint, stickers and positive affirmation cards and a great day was had networking and talking to participants at the festival.
We also managed to see a few of the acts and there was some fantastic singers including Kane Coxhall, a Dolly Parton sound alike and many other great acts / singers!
Fantastic - see you all next year!
Our new newsletter is available to view.
Please click here
For any feedback or articles that you would like to be included, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org (We reserve the right to edit or omit articles)
Viewpoint has moved!
Viewpoint has now moved office to a new location in Welwyn Garden City. Please find our new address below:
Weltech Business Centre
Welwyn Garden City
Our new telephone number is:
· We are currently diverting our post to the new postal address and have a message on our old telephone number informing people of the change.
· All email addresses remain the same.
· Please do not use our FREEPOST address as it will not reach us.
Please bear with us for a few days as we get use to our new surroundings and find out where everything is!
If you have any questions, please call us on 01707 386136
Neil Allbones has signed up to the Mind Hike 2016 to raise money for Mind im memory of his wife and Viewpoint member Lou.
The Offa Dyke hike along the England and Wales border, Is a 40 mile hike to be completed in 24 hours trekking through the day and night. 2 teams will take part, one going from the south and one going from the north. The aim is for both teams to be at the the top in 24 hours to complete the challenge.
If you wish to sponsor Neil, then click here visit his fundraising page.
Contribute to the next edition of the Ballyhoo Xtra
Viewpoint is looking for people to submit articles on User involvement for the next edition of the Ballyhoo Xtra.
As we move into 2016, we thought it would be good to hear from our members, colleagues and partners to find out what they think about user involvement, what is important and how we can all ensure that service user views can make the biggest impact on service provision and delivery as possible.
We would love to have your submissions, up to 800 words (but shorter submissions are also welcome).
Articles which do not make the Ballyhoo may be used on the Viewpoint website as we look to increase the content directly from our members.
To submit, please email email@example.com by 29th January 2016 or call 01707 328014 and speak to Simon for further guidance.
We recently wrote or emailed our members and stakeholders to update them on our contact with Hertfordshire County Council, stating that this was naturally due to come to an end on 31st March 2016. Furthermore, we were concerned that the 8 themes identified by the Community Wellbeing Team did not include provision for an organisation to support the service user voice.
We have received a positive update from the Community Wellbeing Team, which states that they have listened to service user and stakeholder feedback and are now preparing a tender for user involvement. As this process can take some time, they have asked Viewpoint to enter negotiations around continuing our contract until the new service is in place. Viewpoint would be able to compete for this tender to try and secure an ongoing contract.
The Community Wellbeing Team have stated that they will keep people up to date with the progress of the negotiations and the contract tender.
We suggest that you download the full briefing from the commissioners.