We have a vacancy for an Operations Manager based in St. Albans (x4 days) and Stevenage (x1 day) at The Living Room Hertfordshire.
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Operations Team
Salary: Starting salary IRO £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Depending on experience.
Hours: 35 hours paid with additional hours voluntary
Purpose of the job: The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading, directing and managing the service and business operations across the organisation.
This is a new, senior role within the charity. The post holder will have wide-ranging responsibilities for the performance and development of internal services and operations.
The post offers significant opportunities for innovation, development and growth of existing services. The post holder will work with the Chief Executive Officer, as part of a Senior Management Team to implement the strategic plans and overall management of The Living Room Hertfordshire, ensuring the successful strategic development of the organisation, including business planning, securing contracts and funds, internal policies, procedures and quality standards, cross-departmental working and external relations.
The Operations Manager will be required to represent the organisation at a senior level both internally and externally. The post holder will require business and financial acumen to ensure that current and future operations continue on a sustainable and viable basis and can evidence positive outcomes and value in the market in which we are operating.
Managing Contract Performance
· Monitoring performance against targets and deliverables for all contracts
· Production of monthly Contracts Management reports for internal senior management decision making
· Financial tracking and monitoring of contract income (alongside the Finance Manager)
· Ensuring contractual and regulatory (funding) compliance
· Reporting contract performance trends and issues to service delivery staff and senior management
· Responsible for ensuring all funding monitoring reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner, including reports from sub-contractors
· Maintain relationships with Commissioners and Monitoring Officers
· Attend Contract Partnership Meetings
· Develop and manage relationships with partners
· Collaborative working with commissioners and senior operational managers across a range of sectors and organisations
· Representing the organisation at external events
· Strategic involvement with fundraising, PR and social policy work
· Joint working with Funding and Development Manager to secure finances
· Development of income streams, including fundraising, and project income
· Managing implementation and growth
Service Staff and Resource Management
· Recruitment and management of service staff and resources to achieve contract requirements, as well as quality and cost performance indicators
· Delivery and oversight of staff performance management reviews and supervision systems and in line with required competencies
· Resolving performance issues among staff and volunteers engaged in services
· Development of workforce plans including competency frameworks to meet the operational requirements of the organisation
· Production and implementation of operational work plans and budgets
· Management and monitoring of services budgets including analysis, reporting and action on variances
· Negotiation, development and implementation of new, scaled up or pilot services
· Ad hoc reports as requested by the CEO and funders
· Analysis of performance leading to service changes and improvements to increase user and funder outcomes/level of satisfaction/perceived value of the service
· Management of change plans including internal and external communications, HR and related technical issues.
· Meet legislative and all relevant regulatory requirements
· Ensure the values of The Living Room Hertfordshire are upheld across the organisation
· Attend meetings and training courses as required, including regular review meetings and annual Performance Management Review meetings with the CEO
· Uphold and implement the policies and procedures of The Living Room Hertfordshire throughout all aspects of the work of the organisation
- Responsibility for your own health and safety at work and for the health and safety of colleagues and visitors.
- The job is based in St. Albans with a minimum of one day in Stevenage. Other occasional travel is involved.
- This appointment is worked on five days.
- No overtime will be paid for this post, but time off in lieu (TOIL) may be awarded and given if agreed in advance with the CEO, in line with the Charity’s policy on TOIL.
5. Undertake from time to time such other tasks as may be required including administrative duties in connection with the post
- You must be willing to take your annual leave at times which fit with the requirements of the job and leave of more than 2 working days must be booked 6 weeks in advance with the CEO.
NB This job description forms part of the Contract of Employment for the person appointed to this post. This job description reflects the position at this present time and is subject to possible change in the future. As a general term of employment, the Charity may make any necessary changes in job content, or may require the post holder to undertake other duties, at any location in the Charity’s service, if such changes are appropriate to the employee’s role.
Closing date for applications is 28th February.
Please call Jackie on 01438 355649 for a paper application form.