Research Involvement

Health Research.JPG

Two of the NIHR national coordinating centres, Central Commissioning Facility (CCF) and NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) are currently looking for members of the public to join a number of national and regional committees. We are looking for patients, carers, service users and members of the public who have never had a professional role in health and social care services or research.

 We would very much appreciate your help in circulating the following link to anyone who might be interested in the role:

 A PDF copy of our advert is also available as a download. The deadline for applications is 1pm on Friday 26 April 2019

Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview. The Information Pack and Application Form will have full details of the application process, including interview dates and locations.

Do you give care to a child whose parent has a mental health problem?

Can you help with some research?

When a parent has a mental health problem, other family members often step in to help to look after their child when they are unwell. We are looking to speak to those other family members. They might be the child's other parent, stepparent, grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle, etc. We would not be interviewing the parent with mental health problems themselves.

Please click here for more details about this research

If you are interested in taking part or would like further information, please contact Rebecca Bishop at or by telephone on 07900 084774.

Tonic - Hertfordshire Review of Drug and Alcohol Services for Young People

The Hertfordshire Review of Drug and Alcohol Services for Young People is drawing to a close at the end of October.

Interviewees are given a £20 high street voucher for their time and all information remains confidential and anonymous. 

Interviews can be conducted on 14th, 15th and 16th of October. People wishing to participate can text Sara directly on 07555 422 150

Healthwatch & Public Health Dental Access Research

Healthwatch Hertfordshire and Public Health England
are working locally to improve access to dental

They want to know your views and experiences
of using local dental services for dental treatment, or
Community Oral Health Promotion Programmes to
prevent dental decay. The results of the survey will be
shared with NHS England, Local Authorities and CQC to
help inform commissioning organisations and health
regulators on the views and experiences of local
patients in accessing dental services.

If you want to make services better, or share your
views both positive and negative please take the
time to fill in the online survey:

Additionally, they will be running several focus groups
to hear the views of the community. If you would
like to be involved please contact Healthwatch at:
01707 275 978