Could you bring your own lived experience to the new
Hertfordshire Wellbeing College; New Leaf?
‘New Leaf’ opens its doors in October 2016 offering a range of courses to Hertfordshire residents to help support their wellbeing.
The Wellbeing College is built on the Recovery College model which is already in operation in many parts of the UK. It will operate on college principles, be self-selecting for students and solely focused on educational programmes, in contrast with therapeutic services
provided within mainstream health services. The core principles of this model are based on:-
• Collaboration & co-production between people with personal and professional
experience of specific health challenges;
• An educational rather than a therapeutic approach;
• Recovery oriented, strengths-based and person-centred values;
• Inclusivity for people with mental health challenges, their relatives/carers and staff
• Helping people identify and reach their own goals.
All college courses are designed and delivered in partnership with people who have
experience of living with different health conditions. This is to ensure this expert experience
forms part of the curriculum of the college.
We are now recruiting people to be:
• Approved co-producers in helping to design courses.
• Peer Tutors to co-deliver college courses
If you feel you have the skills and experience to bring to this project, either in relation to designing courses or providing training/learning please get in touch now to register your interest!
Payment is available to both course designers and tutors, and we are also happy to provide this as a volunteering opportunity if preferred.
You can register your interest now online at www.hpft.nhs.uk/newleaf
However if you would like to speak with someone first from one of the partners involved in organising the college, please see contact details below:
James Holland (HPFT) 07770 701543
Sharn Tomlinson (Mind in Mid Herts) 01438 369216 Ext. 204
Melanie Dean (Druglink) 01442 864966
Leslie Billy (Viewpoint) 07505 156109
Sarah Williams (Carers in Hertfordshire) 01992 58 69 69