Hertfordshire Equality Council (HEC) has been awarded Big Lottery funding for a project to strengthen a ‘Voice for Hertfordshire communities’. This first event will bring together local community activists and community groups and individuals to reflect on how everyday issues are impacting on people’s lives and enable communities to raise concerns. With speakers from different communities and organisation, the event aims to explore:
- lessons learned to date.
- how ‘a voice for Hertfordshire Communities’ can be made more effective.
- what do we need to support disadvantaged communities/groups?
The evening will be issue-based to include – for example;
- Asylum seekers and refugees
- Disability rights
- Social rights: the case of equal access to public services
- Poverty and social welfare rights
- Hate Crime.
- BAME community
To register: Please email: Hertsequalitycouncil@gmail.com
For more information please contact: Hemant Mistry – 078303 75073